November 10, 2010

Anthropomorphic Action at Half Price: Harvesters

8901_bigI held off getting Harvesters by Troll Lord Games when it came out last spring, but just ordered it since it’s on sale for half price ($9.00 instead of $18.00: link).  The reviews on DriveThruRPG are very positive (check ‘em out) and it sounds like a great game to run with kids.  Judging from what I’ve read, it’s basically Castles & Crusades with animals, which is a-okay in my book.  No need to reinvent the wheel.

I’m still not sure if my six-year-old is ready for RPGs, but we’ll see.  She absolutely loves animals, so this is right up her alley.  When asked to bring in her favorite book to school, she took in Mouse Guard and she already wrote her own Cat Guard version. I think we might have a winner here.

2 comments:

  1. Completely unrelated to the post, but I think I played Savage Worlds and LotFP with you this weekend. I was the medic in the SW game and the Cleric in the LotFP game.

    I've been reading your blog for a few weeks, after seeing your posts on RPG Bloggers Network and noticing you were from Pittsburgh, too. I wish I had made the connection while we were at the con.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was me! I was the trucker in SW and the halfling in LotFP. It was fun gaming with you.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics