December 6, 2010

Gaming Deal: Folding Game Table on the Cheap

folding poker table
A quick note:  I will post substantial content here when time allows, but between the work load, the holidays, and family life, I haven’t had time. Until then, consider this a “hey, look at this cool shit!” blog.

UPDATE: The table is now $100.00.
I’m pretty well set for my gaming table, but I got an interesting piece of holiday junk mail today from Sears and figured I’d share.  On Tuesday 12/7/10 (tomorrow as of this posting) at 11:00 AM central time, this Sportscraft Parlour Poker table will be on sale for $50.00.  It’s normally 200 bones.  I’m not sure about shipping and handling (although it’s listed as available for free in-store pickup.)

This is part of Sears’ Chimney Buster promotion.  I’m not exactly sure how it works, but I believe they offer a limited quantity (only 10 for this time) at this link (again, at 11 AM CT tomorrow) and I think you have to be signed up for Sears spam to qualify (although you can sign up now).  Here is the complete FAQ: link  From what I've seen with these deals, the limited quantity applies only for that super low price and then they bump it up to another still-discounted, but not as good, price.

$50 is a good price for what seems to be a quality folding gaming table.  Obviously, it’s meant for poker and I have no clue how suitable it would be for tabletop gaming, but the cup holders seem kind of sweet for dice or, well, drinks, ha.  Here are the dimensions:
·Table Dimensions: 81.5L x 42W x 31H (inches)
·Playing Surface Dimensions: 72L x 32.5W (inches)
If anyone splurges on this, let me know how it works out.

3 comments:

  1. If i was living in the US I would probably act on this. Having a folding game table like this would be really nice. I have used a felt poker table in the past for gaming. It works really well. The padded ridge on the table keeps the dice from falling on the floor. Also, the cup holders are a very nice multi-purpose holder for mini's, tokens, dice, etc. That is a really great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually looks like a pretty sweet deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use a big octagonal poker table for my S&W games (the hosts father actually hand-made it like 50 years ago or something) and yes, the cups are great for drinks...er dice.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics