March 9, 2010

Troll Lord Games Annual Sale

category255  The annual $10 Sale (link) is going on now at Troll Lord Games.  The name is sort of a misnomer since not everything really is for $10 (some prices are higher and lower), but, regardless there are some good deals.  If you’re curious about Castles & Crusades, this a good time to pick up some books on the cheap.  I bought the majority of my C&C stuff via thisMain2 sale in the past.  The 4th printings of the C&C Players Handbook & Monsters & Treasure (part of what TLG is calling “The 4th Crusade”) are included in the sale. 

A few items are really tempting me:

  • Issues 5 and 6 of The Crusader magazine (these issues contain adventures by Bill Webb of Necromancer Games)
  • The C&C Players Handbook/Monsters & Treasure flip book (one side of the book is the PH the other side is the M&T).  That seems like a handy tome and I don’t have the latest version of the M&T.
  • The Harvesters RPG.  It is geared towards kids and players take on the role of anthropomorphic heroes defending their homeland.  It might be a great birthday gift for Chaos (she turns 6 soon).

What I would advise against would be the “leather” versions of the PH and M&T.  For one, they don’t have the latest version of the rules (i.e., they lack the revisions, expansions, and errata in the 4th printing books).  I also really wasn’t wowed by their overall appearance.  They are meant to look like leather and have gold embossed covers, but they look more like rebound library books to me.  Other C&C fans seem to love them, but I was disappointed in them (especially since I bought them as gifts). 

Anyhow, if you’ve been sitting on the fence about C&C, now is the time to pull the trigger.

3 comments:

  1. Some stuff to clarify:

    1.) Despite the whole "4th Crusade" stuff, the latest printing of Monsters & Treasure is the *3rd* printing.

    2.) The softbound 3rd printing M&T book and the flip book have some errata missing from the 3rd printing hardback.

    3.) Yes, I am an unabashed Troll Lord Games fanboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Placed my order today. I opted for the perfect bound M+T as opposed to the flip book because it includes some nice color plates. I have the perfect bound PH which also has color illustrations and they’re quite nice. I also snagged Of Gods + Monsters to complete my 4th Crusade perfect bound collection.

    I passed on Harvesters this year. Chaos needs to get a bit older, but I will likely pick that up at next year’s $10 sale.

    I snagged Crusaders 5 & 6 for Bill Webb goodness and picked up DB6 – Dwellers in the Darkness and the Black Libram of Nartarus to complete my Haunted Highlands collection.

    I can't wait for this stuff to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my package today. I love that my mail arrives in the morning.

    Love this stuff... It's cool to see some of NG's Tome of Horrors creatures work there way into C&C products (I love the Red Jester from ToH2 and was pleasantly surprised to see him in the Black Libram).

    I was a bit disappointed that my M&T didn't have color plates in it, but I didn't clarify that with TLG, so that's on me, really.

    I'm very pleased with this stuff. Looking at Bill Webb's adventures in The Crusader makes me wish he would work with TLG more.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics