April 15, 2010

A Quick Note Regarding the “Clash of the Titans” Remake

So, not surprisingly many gamers ran out to see the “Clash of the Titans” remake.  By and large, given by the posts at my Internet hangouts, the movie was not well received by the gaming community.  Actually, the movie seems nigh-universally loathed.  Well, to such critics, here is my response:

hulkavl3

Seriously, did anyone who saw the trailers expect a blow-by-blow recreation of the Perseus myth?  The trailers were one step away from this:

phantom

I really enjoyed “Clash of the Titans” and I’m eager to see it again.  I hope to post a more in-depth review, but pesky work is eating up my time this week.

2 comments:

  1. I liked it. It was also my 1st 3D movie. The only thing that I didn't understand was why the Gods were wearing plate armor. Were they expecting giant scorpions to climb Mount Olympus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie, like any remake, started out on shakey ground. I have yet to see it, but it looks great from the trailers. It's not like the original was a straight translation of the myths either.

    Gamers are notoriously opinionated and critical in a way that often borders on the absurd, so I have learned to not place too much faith in the opinions of those I do not know well.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics