April 30, 2010

Sometimes... Everybody ROCKS

Part of the reason I love 80s hard rock and heavy metal is because those genres embrace all that is good and geeky about D&D:  Magic and swords; heroics and hot chicks.  This music appeals to me in the same way as Frazetta art and airbrushing on customized vans.

So, let me share with you some 80s cheesy metal awesomeness.   I give you Warlock! I find it kind of odd that a female-fronted band is named after a male witch, but hey, they rock. Not surprisingly, they are a European band.  For whatever reason, European rock and metal really seem to dig the fantasy vibe.

I would describe this as R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" video, except awesome.  Be sure to catch the "no, really, we didn't reverse the film on the guitar swing" at 2:51.




Also, I want this van (hey, Father's Day is coming up....):

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't a "metal head" as a teenager. But, I sure am now!

    D&D and Metal are so linked in my mind that in recent one-shot game when player said his cleric's followed the God of Metal I (incorrectly) assumed the heavy rather than mineral variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own three Warlock albums (and I've been listening to 'em a lot lately anyway!) and have never seen a single video...no MTV for me in the 80's. Thanks for posting this.

    Wow...Doro looks a lot like Heidi Klum.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics